- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mountain Equestrian Trails
At a Glance
- Equestrian charm abounds
- other activities include caving and birding
- reasonable prices for cabañas
- Facilities a bit too rustic for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Mountain Equestrian Trails Review
MET, as most people call it, is one of Belize's top equestrian spots. Five-night room and horseback riding packages, with four full days of riding, lodging, and meals, are BZ$5,319 per couple, including tax. Thatch cabaña rooms without meals, riding or tours start at BZ$288 including tax, with no service charge. Meals (dinner is BZ$40 plus tax) are served in the cantina. Rustic comfort is what it's all about here; you relax by kerosene lamplight.
- Address: Mike 8, Mountain Pine Ridge Rd. (aka Chiquibul Rd. or Georgeville Rd.), | Map It
- Phone: 669/1124; 800/838-3918 U.S. reservations
- Website: www.metbelize.com
- Location: Mountain Pine Ridge
- 10 cabañas,.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more