- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Black Rock River Lodge
At a Glance
- Remote, beautiful setting
- eco-conscious management
- You're stuck here for somewhat pricey meals and tours unless you have a four-wheel drive vehicle
Check Rates from our Partners
Black Rock River Lodge Review
Some 800 feet above limestone cliffs and the Macal River gorge, Black Rock has one of the most beautiful settings of any lodge in the country. The well-shaded cabins have stone floors and custom-made hardwood furniture and views across Black Rock canyon. Eco-conscious management runs the lodge on hydro and solar power. Room rates are reasonable, starting at around BZ$230 including tax. However, since you're a 35-minute drive (about BZ$70 or more by taxi) from San Ignacio, partly on a narrow, single-lane dirt trail, by necessity you'll probably take all your meals here (three meals a day here run around BZ$115 per person including tax and service) and do most tours with the lodge. Tours tend to be more expensive here than if booked in San Ignacio.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack?... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more