- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Quiet and lovely grounds away from bustle of town
- variety of gorgeous beachside accommodations
- idyllic spot for breakfast outside overlooking the pool and beach
- Not a budget spot
Check Rates from our Partners
Victoria House Review
With its bougainvillea-filled gardens, this property about 2 mi (3 km) south of San Pedro has the style and seclusion of a diplomatic residence, if the diplomat lived on a stunning beach and liked to run around barefoot. There are a variety of accommodations, but the top end has to be the stunning two-bedroom villas (BZ$1,535 in-season, including tax and service), some of the most luxurious accommodations in Belize. Victoria House has two swimming pools, a large one near the sea and a new infinity swimming pool with a black marble waterfall. In the colonial-style house with airy verandas and tile walkways are three ample suites with mahogany furnishings and the hotel's restaurant, La Palmilla (see separate restaurant listing). Food is also served poolside, in your room, and at Admiral Nelson's Beach Bar. A full meal plan is BZ$160 per person, plus 23.5% tax and service. You have a wide choice of other accommodations here, from standard rooms (BZ$440 including tax and service) to a five-bedroom house. Service is always spot-on.
- Address: Coconut Dr., 2 mi (3 km) south of town, Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/2067; 800/247-5159 in U.S. and Canada; 713/344-2340 U.S. number
- Website: www.victoria-house.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 14 rooms, 4 casitas, 3 suites, 8 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Radisson Fort George and Marina in May: $176 & Up Expedia
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- 1% OFF Radisson Fort George and Marina! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,103 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $917 — $917 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more