- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Quiet and lovely grounds away from bustle of town
- variety of gorgeous beachside accommodations
- idyllic spot for breakfast, lunch, or dinner outside overlooking the pool and beach
- Not a budget spot
Check Rates from our Partners
Victoria House Review
With its bougainvillea-filled gardens, this property about 2 mi (3 km) south of San Pedro has the style and seclusion of a dignitary's residence, if the dignitary lived on a stunning beach, loved good food and drink, and preferred to walk around barefoot. There are a variety of accommodations here, but our favorite is the stunning two-bedroom villas, some of the most luxurious accommodations in Belize. Victoria House has two swimming pools, a large one near the sea and a new infinity swimming pool with a black marble waterfall. In the colonial-style house with airy verandas and tile walkways are three ample suites with mahogany furnishings and the hotel's restaurant, La Palmilla (see restaurant listing). Food is also served poolside, with gorgeous views of the grounds and the sea, in your room, and at Admiral Nelson's Beach Bar. A full meal plan is available. You have a wide choice of other accommodations here, from standard rooms to a five-bedroom house. Service is always spot-on.
- Address: Coconut Dr., 2 mi (3 km) south of town Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/2067; 800/247–5159 in U.S. and Canada; 713/344–2340 U.S. number
- Website: www.victoria-house.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 14 rooms, 4 casitas, 3 suites, 8 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more