- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Quiet and lovely grounds away from bustle of town
- variety of gorgeous beachside accommodations
- idyllic spot for breakfast, lunch, or dinner outside overlooking the pool and beach
- Not a budget spot
Victoria House Review
With its bougainvillea-filled gardens, this property about 2 mi (3 km) south of San Pedro has the style and seclusion of a dignitary's residence, if the dignitary lived on a stunning beach, loved good food and drink, and preferred to walk around barefoot. There are a variety of accommodations here, but our favorite is the stunning two-bedroom villas, some of the most luxurious accommodations in Belize. Victoria House has two swimming pools, a large one near the sea and a new infinity swimming pool with a black marble waterfall. In the colonial-style house with airy verandas and tile walkways are three ample suites with mahogany furnishings and the hotel's restaurant, La Palmilla (see restaurant listing). Food is also served poolside, with gorgeous views of the grounds and the sea, in your room, and at Admiral Nelson's Beach Bar. A full meal plan is available. You have a wide choice of other accommodations here, from standard rooms to a five-bedroom house. Service is always spot-on.
- Address: Coconut Dr., 2 mi (3 km) south of town Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/2067; 800/247–5159 in U.S. and Canada; 713/344–2340 U.S. number
- Website: www.victoria-house.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 14 rooms, 4 casitas, 3 suites, 8 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Hello, There is a ton of great information on the forums. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more