- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Seeing the Ruins
Your hotel in Orange Walk Town or Corozal Town can arrange tours to Lamanai, Cerros, and other sites, starting at around BZ$80 per person. In Orange Walk, Reyes & Sons River Tours, Beyond Touring, and J. Avila & Sons run boat trips (around BZ$80 per person, plus BZ$10 admission fee) up the New River to Lamanai and can help arrange other tours and trips. In Corozal Town, Belize VIP Transfers can arrange tours of Cerros, Santa Rita and elsewhere.
Beyond Touring (Tower Bridge, Goldson Hwy., at New River, Orange Walk Town. 954/415–2897 in the U.S. www.beyondtouring.com.)
J. Avila & Sons River Tours (42 Riverside St., Orange Walk Town. 322/0419.)
Reyes & Sons River Tours (Tower Hill Bridge, Orange Walk Town. 322/3327.)
From Sarteneja, Sarteneja Adventure Tours can take you to Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve and National Park off North Ambergris Caye. Rates are BZ$170 per person for a full-day snorkel tour, including guide, park admission, snorkeling gear, and lunch.
Sarteneja Adventure Tours. Sartenja Adventure Tours is operated by members of the Sarteneja Tour Guide Association. Tours are offered to Bacalar Chico Marine Reserve and National Park, Shipstern Nature Reserve, Cerros Maya site, and elsewhere. N. Front St., Sarteneja. 621/8336. www.sartenejatours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's