- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Although American dollars are accepted everywhere in Corozal and Orange Walk, money changers at the Mexico border and in Corozal Town exchange Belize dollars for U.S. and Mexican currency, usually at better rates than in banks. The four banks in Corozal—Atlantic Bank, Belize Bank, Heritage Bank, and ScotiaBank—have ATMs, and three (all accept Heritage) accept ATM cards issued outside Belize. Look for ATM machines that display the Cirrus or Plus network logos. Orange Walk Town also has branches of Atlantic Bank, Heritage Bank, and ScotiaBank; Atlantic and ScotiaBank have ATMs that accept foreign ATM cards. There are no banks in Sarteneja or the Copper Bank area, or around Altun Ha or near the jungle lodges in remote areas of Orange Walk District.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's