- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hillside Bed and Breakfast
At a Glance
- Beautiful vistas over Blue Creek
- great way to get to know a little of the Mennonite community
- Basic, motel-like rooms
- cabañas require a steep climb
- B&B accessible only if you have your own transport
Hillside Bed and Breakfast Review
After Mennonites John and Judy Klassen finished raising their 10 children, they opened this small B&B in Blue Creek, a progressive Mennonite community. It has five clean motel-like rooms with 24-hour electricity on a hill overlooking the valley, with two larger thatch cabañas nearby, down steep wood steps. Kitchen facilities are available. The breakfast is huge and delicious, with homemade bread, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and locally produced milk and eggs.
- Address: Main Rd., Orange Walk District Blue Creek Village
- Phone: 323/0155
- Location: Mennonite Communities
- 5 rooms, 2 cabañas.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Thank you to everybody who responded to my previous post about Belize. Read more
· News & Features
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more