- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
To and from Belize City
Belize City is the hub of the country's fairly extensive bus network, so there's service to most regions and to the Guatemalan and Mexican borders. The main bus terminal on West Collet Canal in Belize City is used by most regional companies, including Tillett's, James Bus Line, Shaw's, Ritchie, Gilharry, and BBOC, a drivers' co-op. Only one bus company, National Transport, has a Web site (www.nationaltransportbelize.com).
Bus service from Belize City on the main routes north, west, and south, is frequent and inexpensive, although most of the buses, old Bluebird school buses from the United States, have cramped seating and lack air-conditioning.
For those going to Flores, Guatemala, or Chetumal, Mexico, two Guatemalan bus lines, Linea Dorada and San Juan, have daily service from the Marine Terminal near the Swing Bridge.
Belize Bus Blog (www.belizebus.wordpress.com/) is a good site for up-to-date information on bus travel in Belize.
Belize City Main Bus Terminal. (Locally called Novelo's) W. Collet Canal St., Belize City.
Within Belize City
There's no point-to-point bus service within Belize City, but local nonexpress buses will stop and drop off most anywhere on the standard route. For example, if you're going from West Collet Canal terminal downtown to Brodie's supermarket on the Northern Highway just north of downtown, you can be dropped off at or near Brodie's.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Belize City Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- 1% OFF Radisson Fort George and Marina! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,103 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $917 — $917 Travelocity