- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A dolmuş is a cross between a taxi and a bus: they run set routes, leave when full, and make fewer stops than a bus, so they're faster. In Istanbul, they mostly head out to the suburbs, so visitors may not find many routes useful, except for Beşiktaş-Taksim, for which the fare is about $1.20. Most dolmuş are bright yellow minibuses. Dolmuş stands are marked by signs but you can sometimes hail one on the street. The destination is shown on a roof sign or a card in the front window.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's