- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- hotel is on a quiet street
- personable staff
- standard rooms and bathrooms are small
- some guests report poor sound insulation in rooms
- rather high rates
Check Rates from our Partners
Celal Sultan Review
Three conjoined, restored town houses make up this comfortable, well-maintained hotel that has new furnishings designed to look old-fashioned, and an inviting lobby with a cozy bar decorated with colorful Turkish rugs and kilims. The compact standard rooms feature white furniture, attractive textiles in pastel or earth tones, and decorative flourishes; higher room categories also offer separate sitting areas and some have good views. A rooftop terrace, with sofas, glass tables with wrought-iron chairs, and potted plants, is a relaxing place to hang out, while the upper-level restaurant provides a fine view of the Aya Sofya.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We decided last night to make use of the unseasonably warm weather in this part of the world and hit the road from Nicea to travel 315 kilometers to Usak, starting early this morning.
The concept of "early" Read more
We got back from Turkey a couple weeks ago, and all I can is…wow! Read more
We will be arriving in SELCUK, by bus, FAIRLY LATE IN THE EVENING, from Pammukale.
We would like to take a TAXI to our hotel: The Amazon Petit Hotel.
Will there likely be taxis available outside the Read more
· News & Features
Not far from Dolmabahce Palace, the Shangri La Bosphorous, Istanbul has opened at long last.... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Turkey is an alluring destination, with colorful bazaars in Istanbul, serene hot air balloon rides i... Read more