- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel
At a Glance
- cool spot for design buffs and hipsters
- everything is brand-new
- neighborhood may be too industrial for some
- not walking distance most attractions
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel Review
Towering above the nightclubs and galleries that surround it, this hip hotel offers a cutting-edge alternative to Zurich's historic gilded lodgings. Opened in 2011, the hotel has rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, dark-wood floors, separate shower areas, and neutral color schemes with purple accents. The walls are adorned with contemporary art that speaks to the neighborhood's industrial past. The staff is eager to recommend nearby hot spots, and touch-screen monitors in the lobby can direct you to local attractions. A new tram station offers direct access to the city's main train station. At this writing, construction was underway on a shopping and dining complex next door.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more