- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The world's first open-air museum, Skansen was founded in 1891 by philologist and ethnographer Artur Hazelius, who is buried here. Drawing from all parts of the country, he preserved examples of traditional Swedish architecture, including farmhouses, windmills, barns, a working glassblower's hut, and churches. Not only is Skansen a delightful trip out of time in the center of a modern city, but it also provides insight into the life and culture of Sweden's various regions. In addition, the park has a zoo, carnival area, aquarium, theater, and cafés.
- Address: Djurgårdsslätten 49–51, Djurgården, Stockholm, 115 93 | Map It
- Phone: 08/4428000
- Cost: Park and zoo: Jan.–Apr. SKr 70, May and Sept. SKr 90, June–Aug. SKr 110. Aquarium SKr 100.
- Hours: Nov.–Feb., weekdays 10–3, weekends 10-4; Mar., Apr., and Oct., daily 10–4; May–June 19, daily 10–8; June 20–Aug. 10–8; Sept., daily 10–8.
- Website: www.skansen.se
- Location: Djurgården and Skansen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
My adult son and I will be arriving in Stockholm 7/6 in the evening and flying out of Copenhagen mid day on 7/15. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. ... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more