- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Spanish chef Santi Santamaría died suddenly of a heart attack in 2011, but the Madrid branch of his Racó de Can Fabes (near Barcelona) had already been well helmed for several years by his most daring disciple Óscar Velasco. In a sophisticated environment, where the service is as impeccable as the food, Velasco makes exquisite combinations of Mediterranean ingredients accompanied by a comprehensive and unusual wine list. Go with an appetite and lots of time (a minimum of three hours) because a meal here is ceremonious. If you're a meat lover, make sure to try the jarrete (veal shank). Cheese aficionados swoon over the cheese sampler offered before dessert.
- Address: Paseo de la Castellana 57, Chamberí, Madrid, 28046 | Map It
- Phone: 91/210–8840
- Website: www.restaurantesantceloni.com
- Metro: Gregorio Marañón.
- Location: Chamberí, Retiro, and Salamanca
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Easter wk, and Aug. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
I wil be visiting the Sagrada Familia for the third time, but going up a tower for the first time. Read more
· News & Features
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca distric... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Purchase the Paseo del Arte (Art Walk) pass for easy access to three art museums in Madrid.... Read more