- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Spanish chef Santi Santamaría died suddenly of a heart attack in 2011, but the Madrid branch of his Racó de Can Fabes (near Barcelona) had already been well helmed for several years by his most daring disciple Óscar Velasco. In a sophisticated environment, where the service is as impeccable as the food, Velasco makes exquisite combinations of Mediterranean ingredients accompanied by a comprehensive and unusual wine list. Go with an appetite and lots of time (a minimum of three hours) because a meal here is ceremonious. If you're a meat lover, make sure to try the jarrete (veal shank). Cheese aficionados swoon over the cheese sampler offered before dessert.
- Address: Paseo de la Castellana 57, Chamberí, Madrid, 28046 | Map It
- Phone: 91/210–8840
- Website: www.restaurantesantceloni.com
- Metro: Gregorio Marañón.
- Location: Chamberí, Retiro, and Salamanca
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Easter wk, and Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
The only recent information about DCC was a post in October from IndyDad about his experiences. Read more
· News & Features
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history tha ... Read more
From tapas dive bars to triple Michelin-starred restaurants, Madrid's dining scene has it all.... Read more
The Only YOU Hotel & Lounge Madrid has debuted in Madrid's design- and fashion-conscious Chueca distric... Read more