- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Top Spanish chef Santi Santamaría died suddenly of a heart attack in 2011, but the Madrid branch of his Racó de Can Fabes (near Barcelona) had already been well helmed for several years by his most daring disciple Óscar Velasco. In a sophisticated environment, where the service is as impeccable as the food, Velasco makes exquisite combinations of Mediterranean ingredients accompanied by a comprehensive and unusual wine list. Go with an appetite and lots of time (a minimum of three hours) because a meal here is ceremonious. If you're a meat lover, make sure to try the jarrete (veal shank). Cheese aficionados swoon over the cheese sampler offered before dessert.
- Address: Paseo de la Castellana 57, Chamberí, Madrid, 28046 | Map It
- Phone: 91/210–8840
- Website: www.restaurantesantceloni.com
- Metro: Gregorio Marañón.
- Location: Chamberí, Retiro, and Salamanca
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Easter wk, and Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
What is the best way to purchase tickets in advance via print at home over internet? Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history tha... Read more
From tapas dive bars to triple Michelin-starred restaurants, Madrid's dining scene has it all.... Read more