- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Parador de Guadalupe
At a Glance
- authentic extremeño cooking
- stunning architecture
- tight parking
- long hike from reception to the farthest rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Parador de Guadalupe Review
This exquisite estate, once the 15th-century palace of the Marquis de la Romana, now houses one of Spain's finest paradors. The sprawling building combines Mudejar architecture, exotic vegetation, and Moorish-style rooms, the best of which look out onto the monastery. There's a secluded swimming pool and a cozy fireplace room—a perfect place to enjoy an evening glass of wine. The restaurant serves simple local dishes, such as bacalao monacal ("monastic codfish," with spinach and potatoes) and frite de cordero (lamb stew).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I was on the 09:20 Barcelona to Paris TGV Duplex on Monday (16 December 2013) - only its 2nd day of operation. Read more
Arriving in Barcelona on a cruise ship for 1 day.
Is it possible to do GIRONA comfortably in the 1 day, say leaving 8.30am to be back at the cruise ship say 5.30 pm that day?
If so, any suggestions as Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more