Canary Islands Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Plan Your Canary Islands Vacation
The Canaries are geographically African, culturally European, and spiritually Latin American. Many islanders have close blood ties to Cuba and Venezuela. The language spoken here is, in both diction and pronunciation, a South American version of Spanish. Salsa music, exotic to peninsular Spain, is the exclusive genre of the Canaries' wild Carnival fiestas.
There are hundreds of hotels on the Canary Islands, but they tend to fray rapidly under heavy use. With a few exceptions, noted in the individual reviews...read more
Canarian cuisine is based on the delicious rockfish that abound near the coast, and its specialties are worth searching out. A typical meal begins with...read more
Things To Do in Canary Islands
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more