Fodor's Barcelona 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guides for FREE!
Gran Hotel Princesa Sofía
At a Glance
- excellent value for price
- spot-on professional service
- the hotel's Aqua Diagonal spa has a 50-meter 6-lane pool and fully equipped gym
- no pets
- far from the Gothic Quarter and the Eixample
- the patterned wall-to-wall carpeting can feel a little dated
Check Rates from our Partners
Gran Hotel Princesa Sofía Review
Until the building boom touched off by the 1992 Olympics, this was one of a tiny handful of Barcelona's modern hotels de luxe; even now, it still offers a benchmark for classic comfort and elegance. The public spaces set the tone, with marble floors, onyx and brass fittings, chandeliers, and cream-colored walls and pillars. Standard guest rooms (not especially large) have soothing decor, walnut furniture—some with executive working desks—and a full range of amenities. Junior suites are truly spacious, with walk-in closets and huge separate shower stalls in the bathrooms. Located on the Av. Diagonal, a short walk from the Camp Nou soccer stadium, this is an ideal choice for the futbol fans who gather when Barça plays at home—but be warned: on those days the hotel books up well in advance.
- Address: Pl. Pius XII 4, Diagonal, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08028 | Map It
- Phone: 93/508–1050
- Website: www.princesasofia.com
- Subway: Maria Cristina
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 475 rooms, 25 suites
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello everyone, Trip report of our May trip to Northwest Spain on http://rebeccasnyder.com/18-days-in-northwest-spain.htm. On our Co... Read more
We are back from our wonderful, incredible, exhausting, educational and all around fabulous trip to Spain and Portugal! Everyone was... Read more
Looking for help in planning our first trip to Spain! Not sure where to start, we are still learning about the country... would welc... Read more