- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Gran Hotel Princesa Sofía
At a Glance
- comfortable and completely equipped for all your needs
- near the Barcelona soccer stadium and only a 20-minute walk from Sarrià
- far from the Gothic Quarter and the Eixample
- some of the decor (like patterned wall-to-wall carpeting) can feel a little dated
Check Rates from our Partners
Gran Hotel Princesa Sofía Review
Three decades ago, this was Barcelona's most modern luxury hotel. Today, however, because of its location—somewhat out of the way on Avinguda Diagonal near the Barcelona soccer stadium—this towering high-rise is not a top choice, because there are equally grand options with more convenient locations. However, when other options are booked, the comforts and commodities at the Princess Sofía are still unquestionably impeccable, with soothing guest rooms decorated in soft colors, a long list of facilities, and everything from shops to three different restaurants. The signature royal blue color makes its way around the hotel from the illuminated sign outside, to the cobalt-blue lamps in the rooms, to the tiles around the rooftop pool.
- Address: Pl. Pius XII 4, Diagonal, Barcelona, Catalonia 08028 | Map It
- Phone: 93/508–1050
- Website: www.princesasofia.com
- Metro Maria Cristina.
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 475 rooms, 25 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
After comparing the prices for the Eurail Spain pass and the France-Spain pass, I was surprised to see that the two country pass was cheaper for the same number of days. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Barcelona offers up the perfect ingredients for an extra-long weekend escape: culture, history, a vibra... Read more
Few parts of the world rival Barcelona and its surrounds for richness of food, wine, culture, and scenery.... Read more