- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cruise Loch Lomond. You can take tours year-round with Cruise Loch Lomond. From April to October boats depart from various ports around the loch, including Tarbet, Luss, Balmaha, and Inversnaid. From November to March the boats operate on demand. A82, Tarbet, G83 7DG. 01301/702356. www.cruiselochlomond.co.uk. £9.50–£12.50.
Macfarlane and Son. At this longtime favorite, boats with outboard motors rent for £20 per hour or £60 per day. Row boats rent for £10 per hour or £40 per day. From Balmaha, it is a short trip to the lovely island of Incailloch. Macfarlane's also runs a ferry to the island for £5 per person. Balmaha Boatyard, B837, Balmaha, G63 0JQ. 01360/870214. www.balmahaboatyard.co.uk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe