- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The small, quiet town of Dunblane, 4 miles from Stirling, has long been an important religious center; it is dominated by its cathedral, which dates mainly from the 13th century. The town also boasts one of Scotland's most impressive libraries, the Leighton Library. In mid-2014 Scottish tennis star Andy Murray will open a luxury hotel, Cromlix, a few miles from his hometown, Dunblane.
Dunblane at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Central Highlands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's