- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Paintings of Scotland, starched white tablecloths, and giant windows overlooking the well-kept garden beckon you into this highly praised eatery. Locals love that the food is locally sourced and full of imagination. You can choose from two courses for £24 or three courses for £29. In season, try the globe artichoke and asparagus salad, then the braised fillet of turbot over saffron-and-shrimp quinoa. The "posh" fish-and-chips is one of the best around. For a less expensive, more casual dining experience try the hotel's bistro, where the à la carte menu is just as imaginative and delicious.
- Address: Best Western Selkirk Arms, High St., Kirkcudbright, DG6 4JG
- Phone: 01557/330402
- Location: Kirkcudbright
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
Given that some quarter million make the trek annually (and even more by train), it's not like climbing Snowdon is scaling Everest. Read more
Like I mentioned before, I keep adding things we would love to see when we visit the UK again but I am not adding days to go with it. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more