- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum
Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum Review
The 18th-century weaver's cottage where Carnegie was born in 1835 is now the Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum. Don't be misled by the cottage's simple exterior—inside it opens into a larger hall, where documents, photographs, and artifacts relate Carnegie's fascinating life story. You can learn such obscure details as the claim that Carnegie was one of only three men in the United States then able to translate Morse code by ear as it came down the wire.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
We have decided on a London/Cotswolds trip,in late sept this year. Read more