- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Oft-overlooked Dunfermline was once the world center for the production of damask linen, but the town is better known today as the birthplace of millionaire industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie (1835–1919). Undoubtedly, Dunfermline's most famous son, Carnegie endowed the town with a park, library, fitness center, and, naturally, a Carnegie Hall, still the focus of culture and entertainment.
Dunfermline at a Glance
Elsewhere in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Borthwick Castle
- Crichton Castle
- Jupiter Artland
- Linlithgow Palace
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's