Aberdeen and the Northeast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aberdeen and the Northeast Restaurant Reviews
Partly in response to the demands of workers in the oil industry, restaurants have cropped up all over Aberdeen, and the quality of the food improves yearly. As in the rest of Scotland, this region is rediscovering the quality and versatility of the local produce. Juicy Aberdeen Angus steaks, lean lamb, and humanely reared pork appear on local menus, but despite this being the center of the fishing industry, most seafood available is still of the fish-and-chips variety. Restaurants like the Silver Darling in Aberdeen are spearheading a new interest in fish dishes, though, and old standards like Cullen skink (a creamy smoked-fish soup) are increasingly on menus.
Browse Aberdeen and the Northeast Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's