- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
InterContinental Porto–Palacio das Cardosas
At a Glance
- central location
- outstanding service
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- only one restaurant in hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
InterContinental Porto–Palacio das Cardosas Review
The InterContinental Porto–Palacio das Cardosas has got it all: location, luxury, and an intriguing history to boot. Ideally situated in Porto's main city square, Praca da Liberdade, the hotel is in the city's UNESCO World Heritage Old Town and within walking distance of major cultural highlights, as well as lively restaurants and nightlife. Typical of the InterContinental chain, it's got all the perks of a luxury hotel: spacious, beautifully designed rooms, an excellent restaurant and stylish bar, a fully equipped gym and wellness center, a business center, and, of course, outstanding service. On top of that, it's located in one of the city's most stunning buildings, a former monastery-turned-private-palace dating to the 15th century. The hotel opened in summer 2011 after massive renovations restored the building to its former palatial elegance.
- Address: Praca da Libertade 25, Porto, 4000
- Phone: 22/35600
- Website: www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/porto
- Metro São Bento.
- Location: Porto
- 105 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent the first half of October 2013 in Portugal. Read more
We are back from our annual trip to Europe. Read more
My friend and I are travelling to Portugal for a Girls trip next September. Read more
· News & Features
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more