- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sameiro O Maia
Sameiro O Maia Review
A meal in this long-established restaurant is worth a climb (or drive) to the top of the hill that's home to the Santuário Nossa Senhora do Sameiro. The traditional dining room is air-conditioned in summer, and usually has a roaring fire in the stone fireplace in winter. Views from the spacious, elegantly decorated dining room are superb. The menu is unadulterated northern Portuguese cuisine. If you're brave, start with the papas de sarrabulho (a meaty porridge thickened with blood) before moving on to arroz de vitela com pastelinhos de marisco (a veal and rice concoction with little seafood pastries) or one of the various bacalhau dishes. The place is renowned for its efficient service. Cash only.
- Address: Rotunda Monte do Sameiro, Espinho, Braga, 4715-450
- Phone: 253/675114
- Location: Braga
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. Closed 2 wks mid-May and 1st half of Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Lisbon April 2014
The background- Company sponsored trip so most was pre-arranged and planned for us, including:
Hotel -Pestana Palace
Flights- US Airways Atlanta to Philadelphia ; Philadelphia to Lisbon-same Read more
A big thank you to all who have contributed to the Azores forum. Read more
I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. Read more
· News & Features
Portugal's Porto region has earned a permanent spot on the list of top worldwide wine destinations, and ... Read more
There are many more than just eight reasons to visit Portugal at any given time, but with a sweep of rece... Read more
River cruising in Portugal's Douro River Valley—a delightful region comprised of old-world villages... Read more