- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Heading in or out by car, there's rapid access to and from points south and east via the Ponte 25 de Abril bridge across the Rio Tejo (Tagus River), although in rush hour the 17-km-long (11-mi-long) Ponte Vasco da Gama is a better option. To and from Porto, the A1 is the fastest route.
The capital's drivers are notorious and parking is difficult, so your rental car is best left in a lot while in town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's