- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central to the city and the harbor
- excellent breakfast buffet
- the top floor's Skibsbroen Bar has stunning views
- comfortable rooms
- breakfast may be crowded when there's a busload of tourists here
Check Rates from our Partners
Rica Ishavshotel Review
Shaped like a ship, Tromsø's snazziest hotel is right at the harbor and stretches over the sound toward Ishavskatedralen. Inside, polished wood furnishings with brass trim evoke the life of the sea. Guests represent a mixture of business executives, tourists, and participants at scientific conferences.
- Address: Fr. Langesgt. 2, Tromsø, 9008 | Map It
- Phone: 77–66–64–00
- Website: www.rica-hotels.com/hotels/norway/northern-norway/tromso/rica-ishavshotel
- Location: Tromsø
- 180 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
We will be in Alesund for 2 days. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more