- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central to the city and the harbor
- excellent breakfast buffet
- the top floor's Skibsbroen Bar has stunning views
- comfortable rooms
- breakfast may be crowded when there's a busload of tourists here
Check Rates from our Partners
Rica Ishavshotel Review
Shaped like a ship, Tromsø's snazziest hotel is right at the harbor and stretches over the sound toward Ishavskatedralen. Inside, polished wood furnishings with brass trim evoke the life of the sea. Guests represent a mixture of business executives, tourists, and participants at scientific conferences.
- Address: Fr. Langesgt. 2, Tromsø, 9008 | Map It
- Phone: 77–66–64–00
- Website: www.rica-hotels.com/hotels/norway/northern-norway/tromso/rica-ishavshotel
- Location: Tromsø
- 180 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
Could someone help with pros and cons of the excursions offerred on the Kirkenes - Bergen voyage. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more