- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central to the city and the harbor
- excellent breakfast buffet
- the top floor's Skibsbroen Bar has stunning views
- comfortable rooms
- breakfast may be crowded when there's a busload of tourists here
Check Rates from our Partners
Rica Ishavshotel Review
Shaped like a ship, Tromsø's snazziest hotel is right at the harbor and stretches over the sound toward Ishavskatedralen. Inside, polished wood furnishings with brass trim evoke the life of the sea. Guests represent a mixture of business executives, tourists, and participants at scientific conferences.
- Address: Fr. Langesgt. 2, Tromsø, 9008 | Map It
- Phone: 77–66–64–00
- Website: www.rica-hotels.com/hotels/norway/northern-norway/tromso/rica-ishavshotel
- Location: Trondheim
- 180 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It was never my intention to do this trip three years running. Read more
It has been a while since my last update and I’m still working on trip reports from Washington DC, Seoul in Korea, Bali in Indonesia and Courmayeur in Italy – but at the moment I have finished Read more
We are planning a driving trip in Norway and are wondering when the best time of year to go is. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities."... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more