- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Because it's upstairs at Frognerseteren and therefore just above the Holmenkollen ski jump, Finstua is a great spot to take in sweeping mountain views. With chefs well versed in traditional Norwegian fare, this rustic and elegant spot serves salted and smoked fish, game, and more. The apple cake is legendery. Downstairs is the more casual Kafe Seterstua. To get here, take the Holmenkollbanen metro to the end station and then follow the signs downhill to the restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." ... Read more
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
There's a new character in town.... Read more