This popular pub right by Grønland Torg serves homemade traditional Norwegian food in an atmospheric setting. The building, which dates from the 1730s, was once an orphanage. The big lunch menu features a good selection of smørbrød (open-faced sandwiches) as well as smoked-salmon salad and the traditional karbonade (a sort of open-faced hamburger, served with fried onions). There is a fireplace inside, and a beer garden for enjoying the sun in summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! So, I’ve provided this trip report to ... Read more
We just got back from Tromso after 8 wonderful days of chasing the lights. This was our 2nd trip in a year having done Tromso,Abisko&Kir... Read more