Shopping in Luxembourg City
Luxembourg City Shopping
Luxembourg's citizens are for the most part unsentimental about the traditional blue-and-gray crockery and burnished pewter that once furnished every home; nowadays, they prefer their local Villeroy & Boch vitro-porcelain in jazzy, modern designs. Although no longer manufactured in Luxembourg, all three types can be found in most home-furnishings and gift shops. For souvenirs, there are lovely photography books of Luxembourg's historic sites, as well as reproduced engravings of the city in all its fortified glory. Because Luxembourg City is home to a large population of bankers and well-paid Eurocrats, as well as its own newly wealthy, it has an unusually high number of luxury and designer shops for such a city its size. Clerks, however, are not always overwhelmingly friendly.
Browse Luxembourg City Shopping
Browse Luxembourg City Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's