Luxembourg Travel Guide
Tiny Luxembourg, nestled between Germany, France, and Belgium, has been a pawn of world powers for much of its 1,000 years. Today it looms large as a world financial powerhouse and one of Europe's most scenic countries. Come here for rambles through medieval villages and hilltop castles, strolls along riverbanks and through deep forests, and hearty meals in country inns. From sophisticated Luxembourg City, with its ancient fortifications and modern skyscrapers, to the Ardennes plateau, site of the World War II Battle of the Bulge, to the wineries along the Moselle, Luxembourg is 999 square miles of beauty, history, and good times.
Regions in Luxembourg
Cities in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is nestled between Belgium, Germany, and France, with a native language that’s a Flemish-Germanic... Read more
Author Chris Pavone’s new espionage thriller, The Expats, is about an American abroad who finds... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I decided to squeeze a brief visit to Luxembourg in the middle of a ten day trip to France and Belgium. I'm a photographer, and Read more
Although I originally planned to do a day driving trip from Brussels to Luxembourg, the forecast winter weather along with a bargain train ticket has made me change my plans. Read more