An international or national driver's license bearing a photograph is acceptable in Latvia. Drive on the right and be aware that roads are not up to Western standards. Gas costs about 1 Ls per liter.
Cars may be rented from 40 Ls a day; lower rates are available for longer rental terms.
Avis (Riga International Airport, Marupes Pag., Rīga. 6/720–7353. www.rigaairportcarhire.com.)
Hertz (Riga International Airport, Marupes Pag., Rīga. 6/720–7980. www.rigaairportcarhire.com.)
National (Riga International Airport, Marupes Pag., Rīga. 720–7710. ww.rigaairportcarhire.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's