- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Teatro Verdi Review
This is Trieste's main opera house, built under Austrian rule in 1801. It is of interest not only for music lovers, but also for its architecture—the interior was designed by the architect of Venice's La Fenice, Gian Antonio Selva, and the façade was designed by the architect of Milan's La Scala, Matteo Pertsch. You'll have to go to a performance to see the interior, since guided tours are not given to individuals.
The opera season here runs from October through May, with a brief operetta festival in July and August.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Check out the February issue of National Geographic for a most interesting article about the construction of this historic and magnificent structure. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more