- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Teatro Verdi Review
This is Trieste's main opera house, built under Austrian rule in 1801. It is of interest not only for music lovers, but also for its architecture—the interior was designed by the architect of Venice's La Fenice, Gian Antonio Selva, and the façade was designed by the architect of Milan's La Scala, Matteo Pertsch. You'll have to go to a performance to see the interior, since guided tours are not given to individuals.
The opera season here runs from October through May, with a brief operetta festival in July and August.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
During our trip to Italy we have decided to rent a car in Florence on May 21st and return the car in Naples May 23rd and then catch a boat to Positano. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more