- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
If you've come to Sardinia in search of untrammeled wilderness and sweeping sands as far as the eye can see, this deserted coast is the place to find them. Hidden away in the forgotten southwest corner of Cagliari province, the Costa Verde, or Green Coast, is accessible only by a bumpy, unpaved track. The effort is worth it. The dune-backed sands shelter rare grasses and birdlife, and the area offers magnificent swimming in stretches of beach that seem endless.
Elsewhere in Sardinia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's