Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotel Reviews
Hotels in the region range from grand, slightly faded resorts to family-run rural agriturismi (country inns, often part of farms), which compensate for a lack of amenities with their famous southern hospitality. Fattorie and masserie (small farms and grander farm estates) offering accommodation are listed at local tourist offices.
In beach areas such as the Gargano Promontory and Salento, campgrounds and bungalow lodgings are ubiquitous and popular with families and budget travelers. Note that many seaside hotels open up just for the summer season, when they often require several-day stays with full or half board. And do remember that in a region like this—blazingly hot in summer and chilly in winter—air-conditioning and central heating can be important.
Browse Puglia, Basilicata, and Calabria Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe