- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Getting almost anywhere by car is a snap, as several major highways intersect at Milan, all connected by the tangenziale, the road that rings the city. The A4 runs west to Turin and east to Venice; A1 leads south to Bologna, Florence, and Rome; A7 angles southwest down to Genoa. A8 goes northwest toward Lake Maggiore, and A9 north runs past Lake Como and into Switzerland's southernmost tip.
ACI. Your car-rental company should be your first resource if you have a problem while driving in Italy, but it's also good to know that the ACI, the Italian auto club, offers 24-hour roadside assistance (free for members, for a fee for nonmembers). 803/116. www.aci.it.
Regularly spaced roadside service phones are available on the autostrade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's