- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Osteria Vecchi Sapori
Osteria Vecchi Sapori Review
Simple but savory fare and a menu that varies weekly characterize one osteria with two locations run by two brothers, Paolo and Roberto. Specialties include their truffle tagliolini, and primi of stuffed pasta like Gorgonzola-filled fiocchetti, or pear and parmigiano-filled ravioli with a saffron butter sauce. Their extensive, meat-rich second-course dishes are paired with creamy polenta taragna (made with cornmeal and buckwheat flour) or their hand-cut fried potatoes. The dessert menu changes daily with in-house cakes, tiramisu, and crostate (fruit tarts) reflecting traditional tastes and seasonal availability.
- Address: Via Carmagnola 3, Garbaldi, Milan, 20159 | Map It
- Phone: 02/6686148
- Website: www.vecchisapori.it
- Metro: Garibaldi or Zara; Tram 3, 4, 7, or 31; Bus 82, 86, 90, or 91.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help for my planned Sicily trip - sadly my Mum took sick and I've had to call the whole thing off! Read more
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Going to be in Venice for 3 days in August (know it will be hot!) and since my group of 6 has been there before, can anyone suggest some interesting and/or unusual tours or activities? Thanks in advance Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more