- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Osteria Vecchi Sapori
Osteria Vecchi Sapori Review
Simple but savory fare and a menu that varies weekly characterize one osteria with two locations run by two brothers, Paolo and Roberto. Specialties include their truffle tagliolini, and primi of stuffed pasta like Gorgonzola-filled fiocchetti, or pear and parmigiano-filled ravioli with a saffron butter sauce. Their extensive, meat-rich second-course dishes are paired with creamy polenta taragna (made with cornmeal and buckwheat flour) or their hand-cut fried potatoes. The dessert menu changes daily with in-house cakes, tiramisu, and crostate (fruit tarts) reflecting traditional tastes and seasonal availability.
- Address: Via Carmagnola 3, Garbaldi, Milan, 20159 | Map It
- Phone: 02/6686148
- Website: www.vecchisapori.it
- Metro: Garibaldi or Zara; Tram 3, 4, 7, or 31; Bus 82, 86, 90, or 91.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Sale! Flights to Milan From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 5-Star Meli? Milano Fr $262+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Carlyle Brera in May: $184 & Up Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- 4-Star Milan Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1445 Expedia
- Milan Savings! Book at Park Hyatt Milan Fr $753+/Nt — $753 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
We are headed to Rapallo for several days in October and it has a been 9 years since I have been to Liguria. Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more