- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Osteria Vecchi Sapori
Osteria Vecchi Sapori Review
Simple but savory fare and a menu that varies weekly characterize one osteria with two locations run by two brothers, Paolo and Roberto. Specialties include their truffle tagliolini, and primi of stuffed pasta like Gorgonzola-filled fiocchetti, or pear and parmigiano-filled ravioli with a saffron butter sauce. Their extensive, meat-rich second-course dishes are paired with creamy polenta taragna (made with cornmeal and buckwheat flour) or their hand-cut fried potatoes. The dessert menu changes daily with in-house cakes, tiramisu, and crostate (fruit tarts) reflecting traditional tastes and seasonal availability.
- Address: Via Carmagnola 3, Garbaldi, Milan, 20159 | Map It
- Phone: 02/6686148
- Website: www.vecchisapori.it
- Metro: Garibaldi or Zara; Tram 3, 4, 7, or 31; Bus 82, 86, 90, or 91.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
We've rented out our house for another three months and have hit the road. Read more
Hi I had posted about our trip to Europe, should we travel by train from Amsterdam to Paris to Tuscany or bus. Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations.... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more