- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Italy 2014
Osteria Vecchi Sapori
Osteria Vecchi Sapori Review
Simple but savory fare and a menu that varies weekly characterize one osteria with two locations run by two brothers, Paolo and Roberto. Specialties include their truffle tagliolini, and primi of stuffed pasta like Gorgonzola-filled fiocchetti, or pear and parmigiano-filled ravioli with a saffron butter sauce. Their extensive, meat-rich second-course dishes are paired with creamy polenta taragna (made with cornmeal and buckwheat flour) or their hand-cut fried potatoes. The dessert menu changes daily with in-house cakes, tiramisu, and crostate (fruit tarts) reflecting traditional tastes and seasonal availability.
- Address: Via Carmagnola 3, Garbaldi, Milan, 20159 | Map It
- Phone: 02/6686148
- Website: www.vecchisapori.it
- Metro: Garibaldi or Zara; Tram 3, 4, 7, or 31; Bus 82, 86, 90, or 91.
- Location: Milan
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
February 2014 Sicily Trip Report
We found February an excellent time to travel to Sicily. Read more
Well, here we are finally in Sorrento. Read more
Planning a trip with my 19 y/o daughter and 60 ish parents end of May to Sicily. I'm a little worried that our relatively active family might not have enough to do. It will be my daughters firs Read more
· News & Features
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more