Milan, Lombardy, and the Lakes Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Lake Como—the most beautiful lake in the world?: Ferries crisscross the waters, taking you from picture-book villages to stately villas to edenic gardens, all backdropped in the distance by the snow-capped Alps.
Decoding Da Vinci: Leonardo da Vinci'sLast Supperused to be known only as one of the world's most famous works of art untilThe Da Vinci Codemade everyone wonder if the apostle John was in fact Mary Magdalene Last Supper used to be known only as one of the world's most famous works of art until The Da Vinci Code made everyone wonder if the apostle John was in fact Mary Magdalene
The sky's no limit: A funicular ride in Bergamo whisks you up to the magnificent medieval city.
Milan alla Moda: As you window-shop the afternoon away in Milan's Quadrilatero shopping district, catch a glimpse of fashion's latest trends.
A night at La Scala: What the Louvre is to art, Milan's La Scala is to the world of opera.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe