- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Head Golf Links. Golf doesn't get much more spectacular than this. On a celebrated 215-acre peninsula, which juts out into the wild Atlantic nearly 300 feet below, you can find an awe-inspiring spectacle that defies comparison. The only golfing stretches that could be likened to it are the 16th and 17th holes at Cypress Point and small, Pacific sections of Pebble Beach, from the 7th to the 10th, and the long 18th. Even if your golf is moderate, expect your pulse to race at the stunning views and wildlife. They've added 15 suites and a spa so you can now stay at the course for a few days. Kinsale, Co. Cork. 021/477–8444. www.oldhead.com. Fees: Apr. and Oct. €160; May–Sept. €200. 18 holes. Yardage: 7,215. Par 72. Practice area, caddies (reserve in advance), caddy carts, club rental, catering. Visitors: daily. Closed Nov.–Mar.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's