County Clare, Galway, and the Aran Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Galway Saturday Market
Locals get up very early on Saturday in Galway in order to get the pick of the goods on offer at the Saturday food market. As many as 90 colorful stall-holders set out their wares in the area behind the Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas in the city center. Take your pick of the Mediterranean goods on offer at the Real Olive Company; sample a wide selection of Irish cheeses from Sheridan's Cheesemongers; treat yourself to an outdoor lunch at the Madras Curry Stall; get sushi from the Japanese-run Da Kappa-ya Sushi, and end on a sweet note with dessert from Yummy Crêpes. Organic-vegetable sellers, plant sellers, herbalists, cheese mongers, and bakers are joined by hat sellers, wood carvers, and knitwear stalls. A selection of Galway's famously wacky buskers entertain with music, juggling, and dance. Come early and hungry! www.galwaymarket.net.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's