- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Not only is the setting, on the shady square where Hippocrates once taught, the most romantic in Kos, but this island institution maintains its high standards. Occupying an early-20th-century Italian club, the surroundings may be elaborate (with dining in arched, elaborately tiled rooms or on a candlelit balcony) but the cuisine here is simply prepared and delicious—try the beautifully spiced grilled lamb chops or chicken stuffed with dates. Live music accompanies meals as the evenings wear on.
- Address: Plateia Platanos, Kos Town, Kos 85300
- Phone: 22420/28991
- Location: Kos Town
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
Has anyone been to Tinos, if so what were your impressions? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more