- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Not only is the setting, on the shady square where Hippocrates once taught, the most romantic in Kos, but this island institution maintains its high standards. Occupying an early-20th-century Italian club, the surroundings may be elaborate (with dining in arched, elaborately tiled rooms or on a candlelit balcony) but the cuisine here is simply prepared and delicious—try the beautifully spiced grilled lamb chops or chicken stuffed with dates. Live music accompanies meals as the evenings wear on.
- Address: Plateia Platanos, Kos Town, Kos 85300
- Phone: 22420/28991
- Location: Kos Town
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
While this topic involves choosing a cruise itinerary, my question isn/'t about the ships but about the European destinations. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more