- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plaza Resort Hotel
At a Glance
- impressive lobby
- free Wi-Fi
- private sandy beach with pool
- nearby town a bit dull
- corridors in need of refurbishment
- high restaurant and beach bar prices
Check Rates from our Partners
Plaza Resort Hotel Review
A fairly new resort hotel right next to Anavyssos beach with white-on-white minimalist decor best showcased in the soaring lobby, the Plaza promises a relaxing stay in its spacious rooms. This is a good alternative if you are looking for a weekend getaway or are on your way to the islands and would like to avoid staying in the center of Athens; it is located just a 40-min drive from the Athens International Airport, a 10-min drive from Sounion and the temple of Poseidon, and a 20-min drive from the port of Lavrion. The guest rooms are all clean and spacious, the breakfast choices are ample, and the 80-foot-long pool is just a two-minute stroll away from the sandy beach.
- Address: 52nd km Athens-Souniou Ave., Palea Fokaia, Anavyssos, 19013
- Phone: 22910/75000
- Location: Vouliagmeni
- 135 rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Greetings, Everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more