- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kyria Sofia-Leonidas Review
"By reservation only" is the 11th commandment here, one that is strictly followed: no reservations means this tiny taverna stays closed. That is one scenario they never have to worry about, as the oldest restaurant on Hydra remains wildly popular. Sporting bright green, original woodwork inside and, outside, a terrace with half a dozen tables (quickly snapped up by those in the know), this place is owned by Leonidas, who lived in New York for many years and is more than happy to share his culinary stories as he serves your meal (his partner Panayiota is cooking in the little kitchen that's open to the dining room). Don't miss out on the small cheese pies with cinnamon, the eggplant salad, the roasted goat, or the fresh salads.
- Address: Miaouli 60, past Miranda hotel, Kala Pigadia, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/53097
- Location: Hydra
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-Jan.--mid-Mar. No lunch (except big parties).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Between Athens and Santorini we have 7 nights open for Paros, Naxos and Antiparos.
Please advise weather I can make :
1. daytrips to Paros and Antiparos from Naxos or
2.Noussa Paros as base and daytripped Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more