- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kyria Sofia-Leonidas Review
"By reservation only" is the 11th commandment here, one that is strictly followed: no reservations means this tiny taverna stays closed. That is one scenario they never have to worry about, as the oldest restaurant on Hydra remains wildly popular. Sporting bright green, original woodwork inside and, outside, a terrace with half a dozen tables (quickly snapped up by those in the know), this place is owned by Leonidas, who lived in New York for many years and is more than happy to share his culinary stories as he serves your meal (his partner Panayiota is cooking in the little kitchen that's open to the dining room). Don't miss out on the small cheese pies with cinnamon, the eggplant salad, the roasted goat, or the fresh salads.
- Address: Miaouli 60, past Miranda hotel Kala Pigadia, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/53097
- Location: Hydra
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-Jan.–mid-Mar. No lunch (except big parties).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Greetings, Everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more