- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Athenians flock year-round to share a seafood platter and bottle of white wine or feast on a fisherman's version of bouillabaisse made up of kakavia fish (when available). There's meat on the menu, but most opt for the fresh grilled fish that is brought daily from Kalimnos, Patmos, and Leros isles, and a selection of appetizers with subtle influences from the cuisine of Istanbul Greeks. Oysters and prawns are also a specialty. But it's not just the food that attracts locals to this family-run restaurant: there are also elegant wood-beam ceilings and a superb view of the coast, all just 30 minutes from downtown Athens. Reservations are essential during weekends.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more