- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
O Hontros Review
On the busy main harbor road of the resort community of Nea Makri, O Hontros ("the fat one") is a good choice if you're seeking more variety than the standard meat or seafood tavernas. Try the grilled green peppers filled with feta cheese, the sardines wrapped in vine leaves, grilled mushrooms in balsamico sauce, and the grilled chicken with parsley (best accompanied with one of the many varieties of ouzo available). The rich house salad, which includes a tasty blend of capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and pickles, is also a winner. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Address: 5 km [3 mi] south of Marathon, Leoforos Poseidonos and Moseou, Nea Makri, 19005
- Phone: 22940/50430
- Location: Marathon
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We will be going from Bodrum, Turkey to Rhodes, Greece by ferry. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more