- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sea captains' homes with classic masonry and an idyllic seaside location reminiscent of an island have steadily attracted outsiders recognizing Galaxidi's potential. The heyday of the harbor town was in the 19th century—thanks to shipbuilding and a thriving mercantile economy—but after the invention of steamships it slipped into decline. Today the Old Town is classified a historical monument and undergoes continual renovation and restoration.
Galaxidi at a Glance
Elsewhere in Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's