- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- superb public rooms with valuable oil paintings
- the roof garden restaurant has an impressive view of the Frauenkirche two blocks away
- Atelier restaurant has again been awarded a Michelin star
- Wi-Fi is extra
Check Rates from our Partners
Bayerischer Hof Review
There's the Michelin-starred restaurant, the swanky suites, the roof-top Blue Spa and Lounge with panoramic city views, fitness studio, pool, private cinema, and to top it all suites in Palais Montgelas, the adjoining early 19th-century palace. Yes, it would be easy to pigeonhole the Bayerische Hof as just another expensive luxury hotel. But this 1841-opened hotel is an almost unique combination of luxury, history, and accessibility. Münchners, for example, are encouraged to visit the traditional Bavarian restaurant while it is also a top jazz venue. Even King Ludwig I of Bavaria paid regular visits to take a "royal bath," as his own residence lacked hot running water. When meeting someone at "the bar," or "restaurant," specify which one: there are seven bars (includes a night club) and five restaurants.
- Address: Promenadepl. 2–6, City Center, Munich, 80333 | Map It
- Phone: 089/21200
- Website: www.bayerischerhof.de
- Metro Karlsplatz (U-bahn and S-bahn), Marienplatz (U-bahn and S-bahn).
- Location: City Center
- 340 rooms, 65 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We will be arriving from USA at 9:30 am on a Wednesday. Read more
· News & Features
It may be too late to book it to Munich for Oktoberfest this year, but this insider's guide to all things ... Read more
Spring is in the air and summer vacation is just on the horizon, making it prime time for travel rewards... Read more
Celebrate the 200th anniversary of the German beer garden all summer in Munich.... Read more