All major cities and most small towns have tourism offices that can provide information on accommodation and sightseeing and maps.
France Tourism Information
France Guide. France Guide is the official website of the national Tourist Office. us.franceguide.com.
Tourism in France. Tourism in France has links to 3,500 tourist offices. www.tourisme.fr.
Provence Tourist Office (www.visitprovence.com.)
Côte d'Azur Tourist Office (www.cotedazur-tourisme.com.)
Tours of Provence (0622-85-64-61. www.toursofprovence.com.)
Online Travel Tools
All About France
Centre des Monuments Nationaux. The Centre des Monuments Nationaux runs 200 monuments—from the Arc de Triomphe to Chambord—and is chock-full of information. www.monum.fr.
Chateaux and Country. If you're château hopping, Chateaux and Country has a brief overview of hundreds of châteaux all over France. www.chateauxandcountry.com.
French Ministry of Culture. The French Ministry of Culture provides a portal to all the cultural happenings and institutions throughout France. www.culture.fr.
French National Museums. French National Museums is the main site for the Réunion des musées nationaux, which administers some of the country's largest museums. www.rmn.fr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's