- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
As in most rural regions in France, there's an array of bus companies (in addition to SNCF buses, Intercars, Semvat, Courriers de la Garonne, Salt Autocars, Transnod, among others) threading the Midi-Pyrénées countryside. Toulouse's bus routes run to and from Albi (1½ hrs, €13), Auch, Castres, Foix (1 hr, €8), Carcassonne (2 hrs, €12), and Montauban; Albi connects with Cordes-sur-Ciel (summer only; other times take a train to Cordes-Vindrac, 5 km [3 miles] away) and Montauban; Montauban with Moissac (20 mins, €4) and Auch; and Montpellier with Narbonne. For Courriers Catalans, Cars Capeille, and Car Inter 66 buses to the Côte Vermeille, Collioure, Céret, Prades, and Font-Romeu depart from Perpignan. Also from Perpignan the Conseil General (www.cg66.fr) operates an extensive network of buses for €1 linking almost all towns and villages in the entire département. All destinations on the train line from Perpignan to Villefranche are also just €1. The train to Carcassonne is scenic and romantic, although buses (cheaper and faster) go there as well.
Gare Routière Carcassonne (Bd. de Varsovie, Ville Basse, Carcassonne, 11000.)
Gare Routière Montpellier (Rue Grand St. Jean, Montpellier, 34000.)
Gare Routière Perpignan (Bd. Saint Assicle, Perpignan, 66000. 04–68–35–29–02.)
Gare Routière Toulouse (68 Bd. Pierre Sémard, Toulouse, 31500. 05–61–61–67–67.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's