- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Petit Nice Passédat
At a Glance
- a memorable (if expensive) hotel experience
- breathtaking views
- good service
- pool is small though lovely
Le Petit Nice Passédat Review
On a rocky promontory overlooking the sea, this fantasy villa was bought from a countess in 1917 and converted to a sleek hotel-restaurant; happily, the Passédat family has been getting it right ever since, especially in the famous restaurant. Father and son man the exceptional three-Michelin-star kitchen (one of the coast's best), creating sea-anemone beignets, fresh fish roasted whole, and an entire menu dedicated to bouillabaisse (the restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday). Most rooms are minimalist, with some art deco–cum–postmodern touches, while outside the fetching heated pool is illuminated at night by antique gaslight fixtures.
- Address: Anse de la Maldormé, Corniche J.-F.-Kennedy, Endoume, Marseille, 13007 | Map It
- Phone: 04–91–59–25–92
- Website: www.petitnice-passedat.com
- Location: Marseille
- 13 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. Nov–Apr. Restaurant closed Sun. and Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So, I did not expect to be following up my last report on this subject (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/10-days-hardly-in-paris-wandering-the-ile-de-france.cfm) so quickly, but plans for anothe Read more
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
I'm trying to put together a nice but inexpensive trip to Paris for myself & my husband (seniors) plus my sister for June or July. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory?... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more