- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mas du Langoustier
At a Glance
- a bastion of taste
- can "upgrade" to dinner at L'Olivier
- beach nearby and pool onsite
- a hike to get here
- no rooms have a sea view
Check Rates from our Partners
Mas du Langoustier Review
A fabled forgetaway, the Langoustier comes with a lobster-orange building, pink bougainvillea, a choice of California-modern- or old-Provençal-style guest rooms, and a secluded location at the westernmost point of the Ile de Porquerolles. Moreover, it has a Michelin-starred restaurant, L'Olivier, where executive chef Joël Guillet and his head chef Julien Le Goff prepare inspired southern French cuisine (the rare island rosé is a fitting accompaniment). Note that room rates include breakfast and dinner—the former can be enjoyed in your room or on the terrace, while the latter is served in a second onsite restaurant, La Pinède.
- Address: Pointe du Langoustier, 3 km (2 miles) from the harbor Ile de Porquerolles, 83400
- Phone: 04–94–58–30–09
- Website: www.langoustier.com
- Location: Iles d'Hyères
- 44 rooms, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Oct.–Apr. Restaurants closed Sun. dinner and Mon., May, June, and Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi fellow Fodorites, based on a recommendation from one of you I am booking this apartment in the Canal St. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more