- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mas du Langoustier
At a Glance
- a bastion of taste
- can "upgrade" to dinner at L'Olivier
- beach nearby and pool on-site
- a hike to get here
- no rooms have a sea view
Mas du Langoustier Review
A fabled forgetaway, the Langoustier comes with a lobster-orange building, pink bougainvillea, a choice of California-modern- or old-Provençal-style guest rooms, and a secluded location at the westernmost point of the Ile de Porquerolles. Moreover, it has a Michelin-starred restaurant, L'Olivier, where executive chef Joël Guillet and his head chef Julien Le Goff prepare inspired southern French cuisine (the rare island rosé is a fitting accompaniment). Note that room rates include breakfast and dinner—the former can be enjoyed in your room or on the terrace, while the latter is served in a second on-site restaurant, La Pinède.
- Address: Pointe du Langoustier, 3 km (2 mi) from the harbor Ile de Porquerolles, 83400
- Phone: 04–94–58–30–09
- Website: www.langoustier.com
- Location: Iles d'Hyères
- 44 rooms, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Oct.–Apr. Restaurants closed Sun. dinner and Mon., May, June, and Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory?... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more