- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mas du Langoustier
At a Glance
- a bastion of taste
- can "upgrade" to dinner at L'Olivier
- beach nearby and pool on-site
- a hike to get here
- no rooms have a sea view
Mas du Langoustier Review
A fabled forgetaway, the Langoustier comes with a lobster-orange building, pink bougainvillea, a choice of California-modern- or old-Provençal-style guest rooms, and a secluded location at the westernmost point of the Ile de Porquerolles. Moreover, it has a Michelin-starred restaurant, L'Olivier, where executive chef Joël Guillet and his head chef Julien Le Goff prepare inspired southern French cuisine (the rare island rosé is a fitting accompaniment). Note that room rates include breakfast and dinner—the former can be enjoyed in your room or on the terrace, while the latter is served in a second on-site restaurant, La Pinède.
- Address: Pointe du Langoustier, 3 km (2 mi) from the harbor Ile de Porquerolles, 83400
- Phone: 04–94–58–30–09
- Website: www.langoustier.com
- Location: Iles d'Hyères
- 44 rooms, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Oct.–Apr. Restaurants closed Sun. dinner and Mon., May, June, and Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Napoleon Slept Here” takes you all around France, beginning and ending in Paris, with Notre Dame Cathedral, the Pompidou Center, Eiffel Tower, Napoleon’s Tomb, Sainte-Chapelle’s Read more
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
Me (23) and my partner (21) have booked a contiki tour that starts in Istanbul on the 16th of May, and finishes in Athens on the 26th of May. Read more
· News & Features
Gorgeous villa in Provence with a cool, cultural backstory? ... Read more
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more