- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mas du Langoustier
At a Glance
- a bastion of taste
- can "upgrade" to dinner at L'Olivier
- beach nearby and pool on-site
- a hike to get here
- no rooms have a sea view
Check Rates from our Partners
Mas du Langoustier Review
A fabled forgetaway, the Langoustier comes with a lobster-orange building, pink bougainvillea, a choice of California-modern- or old-Provençal-style guest rooms, and a secluded location at the westernmost point of the Ile de Porquerolles. Moreover, it has a Michelin-starred restaurant, L'Olivier, where executive chef Joël Guillet and his head chef Julien Le Goff prepare inspired southern French cuisine (the rare island rosé is a fitting accompaniment). Note that room rates include breakfast and dinner—the former can be enjoyed in your room or on the terrace, while the latter is served in a second on-site restaurant, La Pinède.
- Address: Pointe du Langoustier, 3 km (2 mi) from the harborIle de Porquerolles, 83400
- Phone: 04-94-58-30-09
- Website: www.langoustier.com
- Location: Iles d'Hyères
- 44 rooms, 5 apartments.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Closed Oct.--Apr. Restaurants closed Sun. dinner and Mon., May, June, and Sept.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Novotel Marseille Vieux Port Fr $172+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $94/night less
- Jun deal: Radisson Blu , Marseille Vieux Port Fr $356+/Nt Save with Expedia, $40/night less
- 4-Star Marseille Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1922 Expedia
- Explore Europe with Royal Caribbean International Fr $1,247 Expedia
- Book in Marseille Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Save with Hotels.com, $83/night less
This is the end of my Morocco Trip Report. Read more
Last week while on a Paris bus we saw a long line of people on rue de Vaugirard waiting to get into the Musée du Luxembourg and looked on the Internet to see what that was about. Read more
Here comes my next question... We have a flight out on a Wednesday morning at 8am. How early should we be at the airport - 2 or 3 hours before our flight? (It goes to Frankfurt).
That said, we Read more
· News & Features
If the scent of olive trees, honey, and flowers is in the air, you've made it to Aix-en-Provence.... Read more
We travel for many reasons, not the least of which is to experience a new way of life.... Read more
Ever wondered what it might be like to cook in Julia Child’s kitchen?... Read more