Lyon and the Alps Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Lyons and the Alps
Vieux Lyon: Lyon's Old Town traboules, or passageways, and 16th-century courtyards reveal a hidden trove of Renaissance architecture.
Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!: The third Thursday of November is a party like no other in France, when celebrations in honor of the new Beaujolais wine go around the clock.
The Mont Blanc resorts: Whether you brave the vertiginous slopes at Chamonix or enjoy the gentler skiing and high life of Megève, you'll be singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" once you see France's tallest peak.
Grenoble's market day: Sunday morning offers a chance to walk miles through half a dozen different markets selling everything from herbs to haberdashery.
Epic epicureanism: There is no possible way to cite Lyon-Rhône Alps without mentioning Paul Bocuse, Mathieu Viannay, and all the other resident superstar chefs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's