Lyon and the Alps Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Lyons and the Alps
Vieux Lyon: Lyon's Old Town traboules, or passageways, and 16th-century courtyards reveal a hidden trove of Renaissance architecture.
Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!: The third Thursday of November is a party like no other in France, when celebrations in honor of the new Beaujolais wine go around the clock.
The Mont Blanc resorts: Whether you brave the vertiginous slopes at Chamonix or enjoy the gentler skiing and high life of Megève, you'll be singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" once you see France's tallest peak.
Grenoble's market day: Sunday morning offers a chance to walk miles through half a dozen different markets selling everything from herbs to haberdashery.
Epic epicureanism: There is no possible way to cite Lyon-Rhône Alps without mentioning Paul Bocuse, Mathieu Viannay, and all the other resident superstar chefs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Super Low Annecy Rate: Book Fr $117+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- Explore Annecy For Less! Book Fr $125+/Nt Hotels.com
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $3,089 Expedia
- Starting Fr $134: Great Annecy Price — $134 Hotels.com
- Book 3-Star Resid Grenette Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Expedia